Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Google I/O 2018
However, you don’t have to physically attend the event to take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity: many conferences and talks are live streamed on YouTube for anyone to watch. You will find the full-event schedule here.
Dozens upon dozens of talks will take place over the next 3 days. We have hand picked the talks that we think will be the most interesting for webmasters and SEO professionals. Each link shared will bring you to pages with more details about each talk, and you will find out how to tune in to the live stream. All times are California time (PCT). We might add other sessions to this list.
Tuesday, May 8th
Wednesday, May 9th
- 9.30am – Ewa Gasperowicz and Addy Osmani talk about Web Performance and increasing control over the loading experience – more info.
- 10.30am – Alberto Medina and Thierry Muller will explain how to make a WordPress site progressive – more info.
- 11.30am – Rob Dodson and Dominic Mazzoni will cover “What’s new in web accessibility” – more info.
- 3.30pm – Michael Bleigh will introduce how to leverage AMP in Firebase for a blazing fast website – more info.
- 4.30pm – Rick Viscomi and Vinamrata Singal will introduce the latest with Lighthouse and Chrome UX Report for Web Performance – more info.
Thursday, May 10th
- 9.30am – Build e-commerce sites for the modern web with AMP, PWA, and more, with Adam Greenberg and Rowan Merewood – more info.
- 12.30pm – Session on “Building a successful web presence with Google Search” by John Mueller and Mariya Moeva – more info.
We hope you can make the time to watch the talks online, and participate in the excitement of I/O ! The videos will also be available on Youtube after the event, in case you can’t tune in live.